Traditional toys and handmade items from local artisans make unique gifts, give you real value & support your local economy. Join your friends & neighbors in the experience of supporting local merchants in town. Cheers!
1. Stick to local independent shops & artisan markets – steer clear of chain stores. Downtown McMinnville is a wonderful place to shop with all its independent boutiques and locally owned and operated stores.
2. Ask friends where they like to shop local & what winter festivals they attend.
3. Remember art & music can make a great gifts
4. Locally made cards from area photographers & artisans are great to send out this time of year but also make nice gifts
5. Customize gifts for those you love & add homemade treats you make, coupled with specialty food items made by local producers (coffees, teas, pastas, cheeses, artisan baked goods, meats, oils, finishing salts, etc.)6. “Like” shops that specialize in locally made items on Facebook. Check out the new Passion Vine Shop in McMinnville at 319 NE Third Street.7. Get out of your comfort zone & think locally produced jewelry, art, wooden crafts, pottery.8. Shop early & take time choosing memorable gifts that last
9. Give the gift of charitable contributions (for gifts given or received) ~Local food for local families in need can make a big impact. By buying a gift certificate to Yamhill Valley Grown you can have fresh local food delivered right to your local friend’s door!
10. Think unique! Those handmade items make an impression that lasts a lifetime.
Beth and Graham met online almost 20 years ago and married in 2007. Planning for retirement has included finding more time to play again and creativity is blooming. Now that we have moved to Oregon our time is split between exploring and creative endeavors. What fun! Following several years enmeshed in the local food movement in West Virginia and active involvement in the establishment and running of a year-round indoor local food market, visiting farms and telling consumers about them is a work of joy.
Welcome to the blog for Yamhill Valley Grown! We are an aggregator and online marketplace of locally grown and produced food and products. Visit our website www.yamhillvalleygrown.com for more information about us.